Would you like to become
a walk leader?
Are you passionate about walking?
As a walk leader you can help your friends, family, colleagues and community develop a passion for walking, whilst becoming healthier and happier.
Organised walks (led or group) are a widespread and well-established tool for promoting and sustaining walking.
As a walk leader you will:
- Help people discover and make the best of their local area on foot
- Give people the confidence to walk on their own as well as in a group
- Welcome as many people as possible by keeping walks easy and accessible, focusing on helping the least inactive communities
- Involve local communities and partnering with other organisations
- Show how easy, enjoyable and sociable walking can be
- Demonstrate all the benefits of walking and physical activity beyond
- Help make the case for improving the places people walk